Once your business plan is ready and written, it’s time to consider its presentation. After all, no matter how good the plan is, a poor presentation can really spoil it for you. Moreover, if the pan is so-so, a good presentation can help you make the right impression on your potential investors.
All you need is to produce a Powerpoint presentation. There are other presenting tools out there if you want to get creative, but the essence is the same. What you need to do is create a deck of slides with explanatory visuals and charts that show that your idea is a winner, and how exactly you are going to lead your company to success.
A good presentation should be a short-and-simple version of your plan. While you still send the full text copy to the investors to review, having a good presentation will ensure it actually gets read and taken seriously.
The Winner Presentation Essentials
One of the questions we get asked a lot is how do you squeeze an entire business plan into a 10-slide Powerpoint file? Yes, ten is about as many slides you should have. The whole presentation should not take longer than 20 minutes, too. How? Here are a few good tips for composing your winner business plan presentation:
- The title slide should be concise and to the point. Include the name of your business, the slogan, and your own name plus contact info. If you want to add anything else to this slide, do so verbally. The first impression should be sharp and clear.
- Proceed by introducing a problem that your target market is experiencing and which your product or service can efficiently solve. Lay the foundation of your activity on real consumer need. Support this claim by a few statistics for credibility.
- Next, introduce the solution. Describe how your activity or product is ideal for addressing the need described in the previous slide. Show how your approach is unique, putting you a few steps ahead of the competition.
- The fourth slide should be dedicated to the goal of the enterprise – good old money making. What is your pricing policy, customer base and sources of revenue.
- Now elaborate on the operating plan. How do you serve your customers, what is your organization’s structure, marketing strategy, sales and shipping, the works. This part needs to be detailed but to the point. Try to fit it all into a brief summary that contains the essentials.
- This slide should give more info on your marketing plan. Talk about your advertising and promoting campaigns, and show that you are reaching out to a specific client base in an efficient, energetic manner.
- Outline your competition and elaborate what makes you stand out in an advantage. Remember, don’t put them down – elevate yourself. Showing competitors respect will gain you respect as well.
- This slide should talk about your team. The people on it are your biggest investment, and should be well worth it. Give some key background highlights about each, to show their competence and relevance to your enterprise and market.
- FInancial projection time. The profitability having been established, now the question is how much and how soon. Investors want to know those things. Use numbers and explain how you got them.
- Last but not least, describe your current situation and what you are doing to move forward in your field. Finish with a positive call to action based on future aims and achievements.
Good luck, and remember – if you need assistance or advice on getting together a winner business plan presentation, we are here for you.