In this final section of the Startup Business Plan blog, we will give you more information and some valuable insights. These should help you make some important decisions and proceed more confidently towards your goals.
Q: How long does it typically take to create a business plan?
A: Since we started in 2006 we’ve seen and have been involved with many very different projects. Some were simpler, and some were much more complicated. In general, whey can be divided into small/medium entrepreneurship and custom business that takes elaborate and careful planning.
If it’s a small/medium entrepreneurship then producing a startup business plan for it will typically stay within one, one and a halp business weeks (from 5 to a maximum of 7-8 business days).
If it’s a custom business plan for a significant undertaking, the timeframe becomes a little bit larger. It will typically start from 10 business days and may take up to 20 – 25 business days, depending on the scale of the planned operation.
Q: What if I am only developing my startup business plan idea and don’t have the picture down to the smallest detail? Do I need to have a complete picture in my mind before we start working together?
A: Our business planning service can be used on the various stages of your business idea’s conception. Whether you just have a general idea of your business, or a clear definite understanding of it – we can definitely help you get there.
During the first session we will brainstorm together and identify all the key points that must be researched and developed during the business planning process.
So whether your idea is still in diapers or in a much more mature stage, we can take it from there and help you develop it and bring it to full maturity and blossom.
Q: What are the different uses of the business plan?
A: There are 5 main purposes that we have been putting our business plans to.
- If you want to apply for a loan – any bank will ask you for a business plan. They will want to see that you know what you are doing to make sure they get their money back.
- Immigration to Canada through the business entrepreneurship or the investors program. You will need to bring a business plan to showcase to the immigration officer. We are putting those business plans together as well.
- Any application for Government funding. The Government will definitely ask you for a business plan and business proposal to explain to the community representatives how exactly are you going to utilize the funding for the benefit of the community.
- When you are looking for an investor to fund your project or buy you out from the patent that you have created, you also need a business plan. You will need to create a clear presentation for potential investors. This is meant to convince them that your idea is lucrative and profitable. We can help prepare such presentations and pitch docs in addition to the business plan itself.
- If you have a business idea – whether it’s in seedling stage or in a stage of more advanced development – and you want to have a clearer view of your goals, see the big picture put on paper, substantiated by market research. This may help refine the operation, find new market niches to advance into and form stronger marketing strategies.
As you can see, a well written business plan will help attract funds from different sources and then serve as a road map on the way to success. We hope this answers most of your questions!
For any more information or a free consultation, contact Business Plan Writers by phone or email.